Cyclone of change sweeping India: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Chennai: BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi launched a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA government on Friday and said that a ‘cyclone’ of change is sweeping the country.
Modi said that the huge cyclone – Phailin – that hit the Odihsha coast could not do much damage as nothing can stand in the way of the huge cyclone of change sweeping the country.
“The cyclone (Phailin) could not stay because there is another cylcone, cyclone of change which did not let it stay,” said Narendra Modi.
Raking up the black money issue, Modi chided the Centre for carrying out excavation to look for 1000 tonnes of gold that a seer dreamt of lying buried in a village in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh.
“The whole world is making fun of us, someone dreamt it and the govt has gone hunting for gold. The black money stored in Swiss banks is worth more than 1000 tonnes of Gold, get that back. If they (UPA government) brought it back then Indian would not have had to face such ridicule,” he said.
Modi also thanked the people of Tamil Nadu for the success of his Trichy rally. “Trichy rally was a great success because of people of TN and party workers here,” he said.
Calling for a change of power in Delhi, Modi said that the people of Tamil Nadu have decided to change the people at power in Delhi and added: “The next BJP government in Delhi will fulfil the aspirations of the people of Tamil Nadu.”
Importantly, Modi is set to meet Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa later today. Both leaders are known to share a warm relationship. However, it remains to be seen whether their personal bonhomie will translate into a pre-poll tie-up for the General Elections in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof