Cyclone over Bay of Bengal weakens
Bhubaneswar: The severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over Bay of Bengal has weakened into a cyclonic storm and is likely to weaken further, an official said here on Wednesday.
It has weakened and moved south-southwestward and lay centred at about 530 km south of Gopalpur, off Odisha coast and about 480 km northeast of Chennai, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
"It would move further south-southwestwards and weaken into depression later Wednesday," the official said.
Although it will have no significant impact on the state, the ports of Paradip and Gopalpur in Odisha have been asked to keep warning signal hoisted. Fishermen have also been advised not to venture into the sea in Odisha, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!