Cyclone over Bay of Bengal weakens
Bhubaneswar: The severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over Bay of Bengal has weakened into a cyclonic storm and is likely to weaken further, an official said here on Wednesday.
It has weakened and moved south-southwestward and lay centred at about 530 km south of Gopalpur, off Odisha coast and about 480 km northeast of Chennai, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
"It would move further south-southwestwards and weaken into depression later Wednesday," the official said.
Although it will have no significant impact on the state, the ports of Paradip and Gopalpur in Odisha have been asked to keep warning signal hoisted. Fishermen have also been advised not to venture into the sea in Odisha, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city