Cyclone over Bay of Bengal weakens
Bhubaneswar: The severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over Bay of Bengal has weakened into a cyclonic storm and is likely to weaken further, an official said here on Wednesday.
It has weakened and moved south-southwestward and lay centred at about 530 km south of Gopalpur, off Odisha coast and about 480 km northeast of Chennai, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
"It would move further south-southwestwards and weaken into depression later Wednesday," the official said.
Although it will have no significant impact on the state, the ports of Paradip and Gopalpur in Odisha have been asked to keep warning signal hoisted. Fishermen have also been advised not to venture into the sea in Odisha, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez