Cyclone over Bay of Bengal weakens
Bhubaneswar: The severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over Bay of Bengal has weakened into a cyclonic storm and is likely to weaken further, an official said here on Wednesday.
It has weakened and moved south-southwestward and lay centred at about 530 km south of Gopalpur, off Odisha coast and about 480 km northeast of Chennai, a senior official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
"It would move further south-southwestwards and weaken into depression later Wednesday," the official said.
Although it will have no significant impact on the state, the ports of Paradip and Gopalpur in Odisha have been asked to keep warning signal hoisted. Fishermen have also been advised not to venture into the sea in Odisha, he said.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!