DA case: CBI grills Jagan Reddy for fourth day
Hyderabad: The CBI on Wednesday grilled jailed YSR Congress party leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy for the fourth day in an illegal assets case.
With his five-day custody coming to an end Thursday, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) questioned the member of parliament from Kadapa about various aspects of his illegal assets case.
The CBI sleuths took custody of Jagan, as he is popularly known, in the morning from Chanchalguda Central Jail and questioned him at the CBI office in Koti in the presence of his lawyers.
For the second day in a row, the CBI also questioned Congress legislator D Chandrasekhara Reddy, a director in Janani Infrastructure owned by Jagan, and the MP`s aide and auditor Vijay Sai Reddy.
The central agency is believed to have questioned Jagan on the investments made into his companies on quid pro quo basis by the firms which were doled out favours by his father and then chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI May 27 and the next day a CBI special court sent him to judicial custody till June 11. The high court later sent him to the CBI custody for five days.
State Minister for Information Technology Ponnala Lakshmaiah would also be appearing before the CBI on Thursday. He has already been issued notice in this regard.
The CBI is likely to question the minister about certain orders allocating water from Krishna river to companies which invested in Jagan`s businesses.
A day ahead of his appearance before the CBI, Lakshmaiah called on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Last month, the CBI arrested Excise Minister Mopidevi Venkataramana for issuing some government orders allotting land and extending other concessions to Vanpic, a company whose promoter Nimmagadda Prasad made investments into Jagan`s firms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'