Dalai Lama thanks people for giving shelter to Tibetans
Sirsi(Kar): Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said he was thankful to the Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans.
Speaking at a function at nearby Mundgod, where that country`s Prime Minister Ling Punche was felicitated at a Tibetans settlement, he said "I am thankful to Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans. Iam glad to meet you all after two years. I am thankful to people of Mundgod for felicitating Punche".
He also thanked Karnataka Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri for ensuring Rs one crore grant for construction of a road to the Tibetan colony.
Speaking on the occasion Kageri said the Mundgod Tibetan camp should develop on the lines of Bodha Gaya of Bihar in Education.
Punche thanked the people of Karnataka and also the Tibetan colony for the felicitations given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble