Dalai Lama thanks people for giving shelter to Tibetans
Sirsi(Kar): Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said he was thankful to the Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans.
Speaking at a function at nearby Mundgod, where that country`s Prime Minister Ling Punche was felicitated at a Tibetans settlement, he said "I am thankful to Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans. Iam glad to meet you all after two years. I am thankful to people of Mundgod for felicitating Punche".
He also thanked Karnataka Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri for ensuring Rs one crore grant for construction of a road to the Tibetan colony.
Speaking on the occasion Kageri said the Mundgod Tibetan camp should develop on the lines of Bodha Gaya of Bihar in Education.
Punche thanked the people of Karnataka and also the Tibetan colony for the felicitations given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey