Dalai Lama thanks people for giving shelter to Tibetans
Sirsi(Kar): Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said he was thankful to the Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans.
Speaking at a function at nearby Mundgod, where that country`s Prime Minister Ling Punche was felicitated at a Tibetans settlement, he said "I am thankful to Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans. Iam glad to meet you all after two years. I am thankful to people of Mundgod for felicitating Punche".
He also thanked Karnataka Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri for ensuring Rs one crore grant for construction of a road to the Tibetan colony.
Speaking on the occasion Kageri said the Mundgod Tibetan camp should develop on the lines of Bodha Gaya of Bihar in Education.
Punche thanked the people of Karnataka and also the Tibetan colony for the felicitations given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout
- Act of revenge! Gurgaon woman kidnapped, gang-raped for complaining against harassers