Dalai Lama thanks people for giving shelter to Tibetans
Sirsi(Kar): Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said he was thankful to the Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans.
Speaking at a function at nearby Mundgod, where that country`s Prime Minister Ling Punche was felicitated at a Tibetans settlement, he said "I am thankful to Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans. Iam glad to meet you all after two years. I am thankful to people of Mundgod for felicitating Punche".
He also thanked Karnataka Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri for ensuring Rs one crore grant for construction of a road to the Tibetan colony.
Speaking on the occasion Kageri said the Mundgod Tibetan camp should develop on the lines of Bodha Gaya of Bihar in Education.
Punche thanked the people of Karnataka and also the Tibetan colony for the felicitations given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal