Dalai Lama thanks people for giving shelter to Tibetans
Sirsi(Kar): Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said he was thankful to the Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans.
Speaking at a function at nearby Mundgod, where that country`s Prime Minister Ling Punche was felicitated at a Tibetans settlement, he said "I am thankful to Indian people for giving shelter to Tibetans. Iam glad to meet you all after two years. I am thankful to people of Mundgod for felicitating Punche".
He also thanked Karnataka Minister for Primary and Secondary Education Vishweshwara Hegde Kageri for ensuring Rs one crore grant for construction of a road to the Tibetan colony.
Speaking on the occasion Kageri said the Mundgod Tibetan camp should develop on the lines of Bodha Gaya of Bihar in Education.
Punche thanked the people of Karnataka and also the Tibetan colony for the felicitations given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees