Dalai Lama to inaugurate Sivagiri mutt`s pilgrimage
Kochi: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama will inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala on November 24 and attend a host of functions during his two day visit to Kerala.
The Nobel laureate will be chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations and the anniversary function of the Orthodox church here on Nov 25, a press release said.
He will give a private audience at a function organised by Friends of Tibet to beneficiaries of `Wellbeing` Tibetan medical service camp being held in Kochi for the last two years and will also speak on `The Art of Happiness`.
Noted Tibetan poet and writer Tenzin Tsundue will recite his poems and present `Compassion in Exile`, a French documentary on the life of Dalai Lama, produced by Lemle Pictures.
Friends of Tibet is also organising an exhibition of historic photographs on Tibet and artefacts, including coins and currencies from the then Independent Tibet and a radio used by the Dalai Lama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation