Dalai Lama to inaugurate Sivagiri mutt`s pilgrimage
Kochi: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama will inaugurate the Sivagiri Mutt`s 80th annual pilgrimage at Varkala on November 24 and attend a host of functions during his two day visit to Kerala.
The Nobel laureate will be chief guest in the Catholicate Centenary celebrations and the anniversary function of the Orthodox church here on Nov 25, a press release said.
He will give a private audience at a function organised by Friends of Tibet to beneficiaries of `Wellbeing` Tibetan medical service camp being held in Kochi for the last two years and will also speak on `The Art of Happiness`.
Noted Tibetan poet and writer Tenzin Tsundue will recite his poems and present `Compassion in Exile`, a French documentary on the life of Dalai Lama, produced by Lemle Pictures.
Friends of Tibet is also organising an exhibition of historic photographs on Tibet and artefacts, including coins and currencies from the then Independent Tibet and a radio used by the Dalai Lama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley