Dalai Lama to visit Sikkim and West Bengal
Dharamsala: The Dalai Lama Thursday left Dharamsala for a five-day visit of Sikkim and West Bengal.
The Dalai Lama will lead a Vajrakilaya consecration prayer for a new Buddha statue followed by the official inauguration ceremony of the statue on March 25, a Central Tibetan Administration release said.
He will give a teaching on Gyalsey Thokme Sangpo’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (gyalsey laklen sodunma) and on the next day, he will confer a long life empowerment (tsewang), organised by the government of Sikkim.
A long life offering prayer for His Holiness will also be organised.
The Dalai Lama will give teaching in Salugara, West Bengal, from March 27 to 29. On the morning of March 29, he will confer an Avalokiteshvera Initiation (chenresig wangchen), the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon