Dalai Lama to visit Sikkim and West Bengal
Dharamsala: The Dalai Lama Thursday left Dharamsala for a five-day visit of Sikkim and West Bengal.
The Dalai Lama will lead a Vajrakilaya consecration prayer for a new Buddha statue followed by the official inauguration ceremony of the statue on March 25, a Central Tibetan Administration release said.
He will give a teaching on Gyalsey Thokme Sangpo’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (gyalsey laklen sodunma) and on the next day, he will confer a long life empowerment (tsewang), organised by the government of Sikkim.
A long life offering prayer for His Holiness will also be organised.
The Dalai Lama will give teaching in Salugara, West Bengal, from March 27 to 29. On the morning of March 29, he will confer an Avalokiteshvera Initiation (chenresig wangchen), the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!