Dalai Lama to visit Sikkim and West Bengal
Dharamsala: The Dalai Lama Thursday left Dharamsala for a five-day visit of Sikkim and West Bengal.
The Dalai Lama will lead a Vajrakilaya consecration prayer for a new Buddha statue followed by the official inauguration ceremony of the statue on March 25, a Central Tibetan Administration release said.
He will give a teaching on Gyalsey Thokme Sangpo’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (gyalsey laklen sodunma) and on the next day, he will confer a long life empowerment (tsewang), organised by the government of Sikkim.
A long life offering prayer for His Holiness will also be organised.
The Dalai Lama will give teaching in Salugara, West Bengal, from March 27 to 29. On the morning of March 29, he will confer an Avalokiteshvera Initiation (chenresig wangchen), the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II