Dalit should have been in Lokpal panel: Paswan
Nagpur: Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas
Paswan on Tuesday said a dalit should have been in the committee
constituted to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"One dalit activist or leader could have been
accommodated in the five-member representation from the civil
society in the committee constituted for Lokpal Bill when
social activist Anna Hazare launched an agitation in New
Delhi," he told reporters here.
In a veiled attack on yoga guru Baba Ramdev, he said
some undesirable persons had shared the stage with Hazare.
Paswan said that noted social reformer Mahatma Jyotirao
Phule should be conferred with the Bharat Ratna award.
In a separate briefing, Republican Party of India
president Ramdas Athawale too lamented that a dalit had not
found a place panel to draft the Lokpal Bill.
Athawale said his party workers are against forging an
alliance with both Congress and NCP during the elections for
10 municipal corporations in Maharashtra next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder