Dalit should have been in Lokpal panel: Paswan
Nagpur: Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas
Paswan on Tuesday said a dalit should have been in the committee
constituted to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"One dalit activist or leader could have been
accommodated in the five-member representation from the civil
society in the committee constituted for Lokpal Bill when
social activist Anna Hazare launched an agitation in New
Delhi," he told reporters here.
In a veiled attack on yoga guru Baba Ramdev, he said
some undesirable persons had shared the stage with Hazare.
Paswan said that noted social reformer Mahatma Jyotirao
Phule should be conferred with the Bharat Ratna award.
In a separate briefing, Republican Party of India
president Ramdas Athawale too lamented that a dalit had not
found a place panel to draft the Lokpal Bill.
Athawale said his party workers are against forging an
alliance with both Congress and NCP during the elections for
10 municipal corporations in Maharashtra next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees