Dam issue: BJP accuses Cong of non- governance
Chennai: Criticising the Centre for not taking
any "firm" action over the Mullaperiyar dam issue, the BJP
on Wednesday said the problem could not be resolved "because of its
Alleging that though the Congress was at the Centre as
well as in Kerala, BJP leader Sukumaran Nambiar claimed it did
not do much in resolving the issue.
The dam row between Kerala and Tamil Nadu could not be
resolved due to the Centre`s "non governance," he told
"... The expert committee is expected to present its
findings in February. We have to wait and see how it goes,"
He also insisted that the compensation for
cyclone-affected farmers be given immediately and asked for a
complete waiver of the crop loans taken by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH