Dam issue: BJP accuses Cong of non- governance
Chennai: Criticising the Centre for not taking
any "firm" action over the Mullaperiyar dam issue, the BJP
on Wednesday said the problem could not be resolved "because of its
Alleging that though the Congress was at the Centre as
well as in Kerala, BJP leader Sukumaran Nambiar claimed it did
not do much in resolving the issue.
The dam row between Kerala and Tamil Nadu could not be
resolved due to the Centre`s "non governance," he told
"... The expert committee is expected to present its
findings in February. We have to wait and see how it goes,"
He also insisted that the compensation for
cyclone-affected farmers be given immediately and asked for a
complete waiver of the crop loans taken by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report