Dam issue: BJP accuses Cong of non- governance
Chennai: Criticising the Centre for not taking
any "firm" action over the Mullaperiyar dam issue, the BJP
on Wednesday said the problem could not be resolved "because of its
Alleging that though the Congress was at the Centre as
well as in Kerala, BJP leader Sukumaran Nambiar claimed it did
not do much in resolving the issue.
The dam row between Kerala and Tamil Nadu could not be
resolved due to the Centre`s "non governance," he told
"... The expert committee is expected to present its
findings in February. We have to wait and see how it goes,"
He also insisted that the compensation for
cyclone-affected farmers be given immediately and asked for a
complete waiver of the crop loans taken by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users