Danapur-Khamakhya Capital Express train derails in Bihar; no casualty
Patna: Eleven coaches of an express train heading to Assam derailed near Patna Sahib station under Danapur division of East Central Railway zone last night, but no casualty was reported.
The coaches of the Danapur-Khamakhya Capital Express train derailed at about 11:58 PM, ECR spokesman UK Jha said today.
There was no casualty as the train was slowing down for a halt at the Patna Sahib station, Jha said.
Six coaches were put back on the track, while work was on for the remaining five coaches.
Passengers were sent on their onward journey to Khamakhya in Assam by an another train, Jha said.
Train movement on the down line of Patna-Mokama section of the Danapur division has been disrupted, but the up line is functional and trains are moving as usual on this track.
Several trains have been cancelled and routes of many others diverted due to the derailment.
The Railway has issued helpline numbers of Patna junction for any query as 0612-2202290 and 0612-2213234 and 06115-232398 of Patna Sahib station.
13236/13235 Danapur-Sahibganj Intercity, 73205 Patna-Mokama-Barauni Passenger, 73254/73258 Bhakhtiyarpur- Rajgir passenger and 18184 Danapur-Tata Express were cancelled, Jha said, adding that several trains have also been diverted.
13008 Toofan Express scheduled to go to Mughalsarai has been diverted via Gaya, Patna-Puri Express via Patna-Gaya- Manpur, 12318 Akaltakht Express arriving in Mughalsarai diverted via Gaya and 12368 Vikramshila Express will now come to Patna junction from Mughalsarai via Gaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed