Dangerous to allow FDI in retail: Murli Manohar
Patna: BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Saturday described as "a dangerous decision" to allow FDI in retail and said as it would deal a blow to the retail business in India.
The move would also have an adverse bearing on agriculture as it would end the economic autonomy of farmers who would be left at the mercy of multi-national companies, Joshi told reporters here.
He said allowing FDI in retail would facilitate multi- national companies to force closure of traders in retail.
The retail trade was the most dependable sector for creation of jobs after agriculture and India had the largest retail trade network in the world, Joshi, who is on a three-day visit to Bihar, said.
He also alleged that the Indian economy was deteriorating due to faulty policies, while production was on the decline and the Indian currency devalued because of the economic policy adopted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He claimed the Prime Minister`s statement that the base of Indian economy was very strong was not dependable.
"PM`s statement that the Indian economy is very very strong is not dependable at all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das