Dangerous to allow FDI in retail: Murli Manohar
Patna: BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Saturday described as "a dangerous decision" to allow FDI in retail and said as it would deal a blow to the retail business in India.
The move would also have an adverse bearing on agriculture as it would end the economic autonomy of farmers who would be left at the mercy of multi-national companies, Joshi told reporters here.
He said allowing FDI in retail would facilitate multi- national companies to force closure of traders in retail.
The retail trade was the most dependable sector for creation of jobs after agriculture and India had the largest retail trade network in the world, Joshi, who is on a three-day visit to Bihar, said.
He also alleged that the Indian economy was deteriorating due to faulty policies, while production was on the decline and the Indian currency devalued because of the economic policy adopted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He claimed the Prime Minister`s statement that the base of Indian economy was very strong was not dependable.
"PM`s statement that the Indian economy is very very strong is not dependable at all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?