Dangerous to allow FDI in retail: Murli Manohar
Patna: BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Saturday described as "a dangerous decision" to allow FDI in retail and said as it would deal a blow to the retail business in India.
The move would also have an adverse bearing on agriculture as it would end the economic autonomy of farmers who would be left at the mercy of multi-national companies, Joshi told reporters here.
He said allowing FDI in retail would facilitate multi- national companies to force closure of traders in retail.
The retail trade was the most dependable sector for creation of jobs after agriculture and India had the largest retail trade network in the world, Joshi, who is on a three-day visit to Bihar, said.
He also alleged that the Indian economy was deteriorating due to faulty policies, while production was on the decline and the Indian currency devalued because of the economic policy adopted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He claimed the Prime Minister`s statement that the base of Indian economy was very strong was not dependable.
"PM`s statement that the Indian economy is very very strong is not dependable at all," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test