Danish tourist gang-rape: Another juvenile apprehended
New Delhi: One more juvenile has been apprehended by Delhi Police in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist at knife-point near New Delhi railway station on January 14.
Police have recovered the mobile phone and some books belonging to the victim from the 16-year-old juvenile, who was detained from his house in East Delhi`s Trilokpuri last night.
He was produced before the Juvenile Justice Board which sent him to Sewa Kutir observation home in North West Delhi, they said.
Police said that he has previously involved in several pick pocketing and snatching cases.
With this, a total of seven people, two of which are juvenile have been nabbed in the case, they said.
Before this three persons, including a minor, were arrested on Friday in this connection.
According to police, Arjun (19) and Raju alias Chhaka (24), both vagabonds, were arrested from Jamuna Bazar in North Delhi and Paharganj in Central Delhi respectively.
Police said that the hunt is now on to nab one more person in the case.
Raju alias Bhajai, Mahender alias Ganja and Raja have already been arrested in the case and are in police custody.
Police had recovered an Ipod, ear plug, Nokia mobile worth Rs 1,200 (purchased out of robbed cash), Rs 800 cash from Mahender`s possession and a spectacle case and Rs 1,000 cash from Raja, all of which was robbed by them from the victim, police said.
The Danish tourist, who had come to India on January 1, had first gone to Agra and returned to Delhi on January 13 and checked in a Paharganj hotel.
On January 14, she went to visit a museum near Connaught Place but lost her way back to her hotel following which she approached the group of eight vagabonds asking for directions who waylaid her and then robbed and gang raped her at knife-point for around three hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'