Danish tourist gang-rape: Another juvenile apprehended
New Delhi: One more juvenile has been apprehended by Delhi Police in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist at knife-point near New Delhi railway station on January 14.
Police have recovered the mobile phone and some books belonging to the victim from the 16-year-old juvenile, who was detained from his house in East Delhi`s Trilokpuri last night.
He was produced before the Juvenile Justice Board which sent him to Sewa Kutir observation home in North West Delhi, they said.
Police said that he has previously involved in several pick pocketing and snatching cases.
With this, a total of seven people, two of which are juvenile have been nabbed in the case, they said.
Before this three persons, including a minor, were arrested on Friday in this connection.
According to police, Arjun (19) and Raju alias Chhaka (24), both vagabonds, were arrested from Jamuna Bazar in North Delhi and Paharganj in Central Delhi respectively.
Police said that the hunt is now on to nab one more person in the case.
Raju alias Bhajai, Mahender alias Ganja and Raja have already been arrested in the case and are in police custody.
Police had recovered an Ipod, ear plug, Nokia mobile worth Rs 1,200 (purchased out of robbed cash), Rs 800 cash from Mahender`s possession and a spectacle case and Rs 1,000 cash from Raja, all of which was robbed by them from the victim, police said.
The Danish tourist, who had come to India on January 1, had first gone to Agra and returned to Delhi on January 13 and checked in a Paharganj hotel.
On January 14, she went to visit a museum near Connaught Place but lost her way back to her hotel following which she approached the group of eight vagabonds asking for directions who waylaid her and then robbed and gang raped her at knife-point for around three hours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India