Dantewada ambush: COI against 4 CRPF officials
New Delhi/Raipur: CRPF has constituted a
Court of Inquiry against three of its officers and a retired
Inspector General, shunted out of Chhattisgarh following a
report on the Dantewada massacre by Naxals, to look into the
"specific acts of omission and commission" by them.
"The Court of Inquiry will go into the specific roles of
the three officers and complete it by June 30," CRPF Director
General (DG) Vikram Srivastava said.
The CoI will be headed by Additional Director General at
the force headquarters D C Dey and will comprise an IGP and a
Commandant rank officer.
The four officers in the dock are the then DIG (CRPF)
Dantewada, Nalin Prabhat, then Commandant of the 62nd
battalion A K Bisht, Inspector Sanjeev Bangre and IG Ramesh
Chandra who retired from service on April 30.
On May 21, Prabhat and the two other officers were
shunted out of Chhattisgarh for their alleged lapses after
government considered the E Rammohan Committee report, which
was constituted by Home Minister P Chidambaram to go into the
reasons of the April six Dantewada Naxal attack were 75 CRPF
and one state police personnel were killed in an ambush.
After they were shunted out, Prabhat was sent to
Chandigarh as DIG, a charge he was already holding, Bisht
moved to a training centre at Aradi in Orissa and Bangre was
shifted to Anantnag in Kashmir.
The removal of Prabhat came as a surprise in the CRPF
ranks as he was considered among the best officers in
para-military forces and has been decorated with President`s
Police Medal, Police Medal for Meritorious Service and Police
Medal for Gallantry. He was considered as best operational
officer during his tenure as DIG in militancy-hit Jammu and
The CoI has sought records and other documents which
were a crucial part of the earlier probe by former BSF (DG)
E N Rammohan.
The inquiry will also go into the order and flow of
communication between the Special sector headquarters
of the CRPF located at Raipur (Chhattisgarh) and these
The Special sector of the CRPF is headed by a Special
Director General rank officer who is responsible for
anti-Naxal operations undertaken by various Central
para-military forces like CRPF, ITBP and BSF and their
coordination with different state police forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon