Dara case: Arrested IPS officer hospitalised
Jaipur: Suspended IPS officer A K Jain, in CBI
custody in Dara Singh fake encounter case, was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of uneasiness and chest pain.
"Jain is a patient of hypertension and diabetes and we are
examining the case," Dr S N Sharma, who is attending on him,
An IPS officer of 1978 batch, Jain had surrendered before
the court here on February 27 and was under judicial custody
He had complained of uneasiness and chest pain following
which he was hospitalised, CBI sources said.
He was yesterday produced before a special CBI court where
the magistrate remanded him in the agency`s custody for 14
59-year-old Jain was absconding since the CBI filed a
charge sheet against him in June last year accusing him of
masterminding the fake encounter of Singh when Jain was
heading the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan
The alleged encounter took place in Ranjendra Prasad
Nagar area on the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006.
Dara Singh`s widow had challenged the encounter as fake
following which Supreme Court had ordered a CBI inquiry in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened