Dara case: Arrested IPS officer hospitalised
Jaipur: Suspended IPS officer A K Jain, in CBI
custody in Dara Singh fake encounter case, was on Thursday hospitalised after he complained of uneasiness and chest pain.
"Jain is a patient of hypertension and diabetes and we are
examining the case," Dr S N Sharma, who is attending on him,
An IPS officer of 1978 batch, Jain had surrendered before
the court here on February 27 and was under judicial custody
He had complained of uneasiness and chest pain following
which he was hospitalised, CBI sources said.
He was yesterday produced before a special CBI court where
the magistrate remanded him in the agency`s custody for 14
59-year-old Jain was absconding since the CBI filed a
charge sheet against him in June last year accusing him of
masterminding the fake encounter of Singh when Jain was
heading the Special Operations Group (SOG) of Rajasthan
The alleged encounter took place in Ranjendra Prasad
Nagar area on the outskirts of the city on October 23, 2006.
Dara Singh`s widow had challenged the encounter as fake
following which Supreme Court had ordered a CBI inquiry in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon