Darjeeling shutdown again after GJM`s call for bandh
Kolkata: An indefinite shutdown called by
the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha today resumed in government offices
in the Darjeeling hills as its leadership wrote to Congress
president Sonia Gandhi and regional parties seeking support on
the demand for Gorkhaland.
"The bandh in all central and state government offices
is to press for creation of Gorkhaland," GJM General Secretary
Roshan Giri told PTI over phone from Darjeeling.
The GJM had earlier suspended an indefinite hunger-
strike after conceding to a request by Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram to create a conducive atmosphere for the fourth
tripartite talks at the administrative level which were held
on December 21.
The GJM, during the last round of the tripartite
talks, had sought the next round of talks at the political
level within 45 days.
Giri said letters had been written to Gandhi and 26
national and regional political parties "because the West
Bengal government is not going to pass any bill in the state
assembly on the matter."
Letters were also sent to BJP president Nitin Gadkari,
CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat, heads of the CPI, RSP,
and Forward Bloc, BSP chief Mayawati, Trinamool Congress
chairperson Mamata Banerjee, BJD leader Navin Patnaik and
chiefs of various other national and regional parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'