Darul Uloom criticises Ajmal for remarks on Majlis-e-Shura
Deoband: Islamic seminary Darul-Uloom on Friday
demanded the resignation of All India United Democratic Front
President and MP, Badruddin Ajmal, from its top policy making
body for reportedly describing it as a political forum.
Saleem Usmani of Tanzim-i-mohebban (the committee of
followers of Durul-Uloom Deoband) asked Ajmal to seek apology
from Muslims for "hurting the sentiments of the community."
He alleged that Ajmal had tried to make the reputed
seminary a "political akhara" by conducting elections for the
post of vice-chancellor.
"Now he has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community
by describing the Majlis-i-Shura as a political shura," Usmani
said, adding that he should resign from the body.
Maulana Nasar Ilahi, a cleric, said Ajmal should be
dismissed if he does not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sri Lanka tries new blood against Australia
- Pak wants UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot