Darul Uloom criticises Ajmal for remarks on Majlis-e-Shura
Deoband: Islamic seminary Darul-Uloom on Friday
demanded the resignation of All India United Democratic Front
President and MP, Badruddin Ajmal, from its top policy making
body for reportedly describing it as a political forum.
Saleem Usmani of Tanzim-i-mohebban (the committee of
followers of Durul-Uloom Deoband) asked Ajmal to seek apology
from Muslims for "hurting the sentiments of the community."
He alleged that Ajmal had tried to make the reputed
seminary a "political akhara" by conducting elections for the
post of vice-chancellor.
"Now he has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community
by describing the Majlis-i-Shura as a political shura," Usmani
said, adding that he should resign from the body.
Maulana Nasar Ilahi, a cleric, said Ajmal should be
dismissed if he does not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!