Darul Uloom criticises Ajmal for remarks on Majlis-e-Shura
Deoband: Islamic seminary Darul-Uloom on Friday
demanded the resignation of All India United Democratic Front
President and MP, Badruddin Ajmal, from its top policy making
body for reportedly describing it as a political forum.
Saleem Usmani of Tanzim-i-mohebban (the committee of
followers of Durul-Uloom Deoband) asked Ajmal to seek apology
from Muslims for "hurting the sentiments of the community."
He alleged that Ajmal had tried to make the reputed
seminary a "political akhara" by conducting elections for the
post of vice-chancellor.
"Now he has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community
by describing the Majlis-i-Shura as a political shura," Usmani
said, adding that he should resign from the body.
Maulana Nasar Ilahi, a cleric, said Ajmal should be
dismissed if he does not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself