Darul Uloom criticises Ajmal for remarks on Majlis-e-Shura
Deoband: Islamic seminary Darul-Uloom on Friday
demanded the resignation of All India United Democratic Front
President and MP, Badruddin Ajmal, from its top policy making
body for reportedly describing it as a political forum.
Saleem Usmani of Tanzim-i-mohebban (the committee of
followers of Durul-Uloom Deoband) asked Ajmal to seek apology
from Muslims for "hurting the sentiments of the community."
He alleged that Ajmal had tried to make the reputed
seminary a "political akhara" by conducting elections for the
post of vice-chancellor.
"Now he has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community
by describing the Majlis-i-Shura as a political shura," Usmani
said, adding that he should resign from the body.
Maulana Nasar Ilahi, a cleric, said Ajmal should be
dismissed if he does not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle
- Myanmar President visits Taj Mahal