Darul Uloom criticises Ajmal for remarks on Majlis-e-Shura
Deoband: Islamic seminary Darul-Uloom on Friday
demanded the resignation of All India United Democratic Front
President and MP, Badruddin Ajmal, from its top policy making
body for reportedly describing it as a political forum.
Saleem Usmani of Tanzim-i-mohebban (the committee of
followers of Durul-Uloom Deoband) asked Ajmal to seek apology
from Muslims for "hurting the sentiments of the community."
He alleged that Ajmal had tried to make the reputed
seminary a "political akhara" by conducting elections for the
post of vice-chancellor.
"Now he has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community
by describing the Majlis-i-Shura as a political shura," Usmani
said, adding that he should resign from the body.
Maulana Nasar Ilahi, a cleric, said Ajmal should be
dismissed if he does not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says