Darululoom books soon in English, Hindi
New Delhi: India`s leading Islamic seminary Darululoom-Deoband will soon sell English and Hindi translations of its Urdu publications, its officials said Tuesday.
The seminary management came up with the decision after observing the growing demand for its publications at the stall within the first two days of the 18th Delhi Book Fair.
"This is the first time we have come to Delhi Book Fair. What we are witnessing is that people from diverse communities and religions want to know about Islam," stall manager Mohammed Faizan Siddique said.
"Right now we have only Urdu literature that we publish at Deoband. We will be getting English and Hindi translations of some of them by Wednesday," he added.
The seminary has put on display over 1,000 publications.
"Till now sales have been brisk. We hope to do even better after we get more stock," Siddique said.
With the theme of e-books and e-publishing, the nine-day fair has attracted over 200 publishers, including from abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam