Darululoom books soon in English, Hindi
New Delhi: India`s leading Islamic seminary Darululoom-Deoband will soon sell English and Hindi translations of its Urdu publications, its officials said Tuesday.
The seminary management came up with the decision after observing the growing demand for its publications at the stall within the first two days of the 18th Delhi Book Fair.
"This is the first time we have come to Delhi Book Fair. What we are witnessing is that people from diverse communities and religions want to know about Islam," stall manager Mohammed Faizan Siddique said.
"Right now we have only Urdu literature that we publish at Deoband. We will be getting English and Hindi translations of some of them by Wednesday," he added.
The seminary has put on display over 1,000 publications.
"Till now sales have been brisk. We hope to do even better after we get more stock," Siddique said.
With the theme of e-books and e-publishing, the nine-day fair has attracted over 200 publishers, including from abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5