Darululoom books soon in English, Hindi
New Delhi: India`s leading Islamic seminary Darululoom-Deoband will soon sell English and Hindi translations of its Urdu publications, its officials said Tuesday.
The seminary management came up with the decision after observing the growing demand for its publications at the stall within the first two days of the 18th Delhi Book Fair.
"This is the first time we have come to Delhi Book Fair. What we are witnessing is that people from diverse communities and religions want to know about Islam," stall manager Mohammed Faizan Siddique said.
"Right now we have only Urdu literature that we publish at Deoband. We will be getting English and Hindi translations of some of them by Wednesday," he added.
The seminary has put on display over 1,000 publications.
"Till now sales have been brisk. We hope to do even better after we get more stock," Siddique said.
With the theme of e-books and e-publishing, the nine-day fair has attracted over 200 publishers, including from abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen