Date for Tiwari`s DNA test to be decided on March 08
New Delhi: Delhi High Court`s Joint Registrar Deepak Garg on Saturday deferred to March 08 a decision on the date for the DNA test on Congress leader ND Tiwari in a paternity suit.
He also issued notice to the Centre for Cellular Microbiology in Hyderabad seeking an explanation for not discussing the test procedure with the court.
He has asked the centre to reply on the issue before March 08. Tiwari can undergo the DNA test only after the institute files its reply.
A single-judge bench of the high court on December 23 last year asked the 85-year-old leader to undergo a DNA test in the paternity suit filed by Delhi-based Rohit Shekhar, 31, who claims to be his biological son born out of the leader`s alleged relationship with his mother Ujjwala Sharma.
The high court had on February 10 dismissed Tiwari`s petition challenging the DNA test order.
The formalities as to how and where Tiwari`s blood sample will be drawn for his DNA test would be determined March 08 by Garg in the presence of the counsel of the two parties.
Tiwari, who had held the posts of chief minister of undivided Uttar Pradesh and later Uttarakhand, had opposed the paternity suit.
Tiwari, who last year resigned as Andhra Pradesh governor in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct, countered the claims and said he never had any physical relationship with Ujjwala, who is also a Congress activist.
Shekhar, he said, was not entitled to seek a DNA test as a matter of right.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials