Dawood Ibrahim planning to kill Narendra Modi: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even as a heated debate ensues on the safety of Narendra Modi, a report on Wednesday claimed that Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has finalised a plan to eliminate BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
An English daily reported, quoting central intelligence agencies, that ISI has given the contract to kill Modi to its long time pawn against India, Dawood Ibrahim.
The input was reportedly part of a secret note prepared by intelligence agencies after the bomb attacks on Modi’s Patna rally which had left eight people dead. Indian Mujahideen has been found to be behind the terror strike.
Modi is already among the most protected people in the country. He is a `Z+` category protectee of the elite `black cat` commandos of the National Security Guard and a first-ring of twelve commandos give him proximate security every time he moves.
The BJP has been demanding a high-level security for Modi including bringing him under the Special Protection Group (SPG) but the request was rejected by the Union Home Ministry.
The SPG protects the Prime Minister and his immediate family members.
The report further says that terror operatives in Saudi Arabia have also hatched a plan to kill Modi. They are said to be mulling various options including a suicide bomber, use of launchers to target Modi`s convoy and ramming an explosives-laden vehicle into his convoy.
More worryingly, the intelligence agencies also fear that terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives may have recruited some security officials to allow free access to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'