Dawood Ibrahim planning to kill Narendra Modi: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even as a heated debate ensues on the safety of Narendra Modi, a report on Wednesday claimed that Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has finalised a plan to eliminate BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
An English daily reported, quoting central intelligence agencies, that ISI has given the contract to kill Modi to its long time pawn against India, Dawood Ibrahim.
The input was reportedly part of a secret note prepared by intelligence agencies after the bomb attacks on Modi’s Patna rally which had left eight people dead. Indian Mujahideen has been found to be behind the terror strike.
Modi is already among the most protected people in the country. He is a `Z+` category protectee of the elite `black cat` commandos of the National Security Guard and a first-ring of twelve commandos give him proximate security every time he moves.
The BJP has been demanding a high-level security for Modi including bringing him under the Special Protection Group (SPG) but the request was rejected by the Union Home Ministry.
The SPG protects the Prime Minister and his immediate family members.
The report further says that terror operatives in Saudi Arabia have also hatched a plan to kill Modi. They are said to be mulling various options including a suicide bomber, use of launchers to target Modi`s convoy and ramming an explosives-laden vehicle into his convoy.
More worryingly, the intelligence agencies also fear that terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operatives may have recruited some security officials to allow free access to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief