Dawood-ISI nexus exposed
New Delhi: India has accessed fresh evidence that proves underworld don and India’s most wanted Dawood Ibrahim continues to live and flourish in Pakistan.
A highly classified intelligence report, prepared by Indian security and intelligence agencies, says a cabal of officials from Pakistan’s Army and its ace intelligence agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), along with host of his business associates, attended the walima (wedding reception) of the underworld don’s son on September 25, which was wrapped under a cloak of secrecy.
Dawood`s son Moin Nawaz tied the knot on September 23 in Karachi. The reception was held at Dawood’s mansion called ‘White House’ in Karachi`s posh Clifton area.
Prominent among those who attended the event were Col Ashwaq Ahmed, head of commando unit of ISI`s Special Operations
Group (SOG), Brig Rashid Husian Shahid of the ISI’s Joint Intelligence Bureau, Col Rehman Rashid and Lt Col Rashidullah Khan from ISI`s External Intelligence Wing, Lt Col Shuja-ul-Pasha, Lt Col Asidur Rehman Kidwai, Major Sadiq Khan (from SOG) and Lt Col Shuj-ul-Pasha and Lt Col Asidur Reham (from the Pakistan Rangers).
The business associates who attended the reception ceremony included Afsar Ali, a key player in Karachi Stock Exchange; his brother Noor Ali (who has floated several front companies for Dawood); Jumed Usmani of A-One Construction, Karachi; Javed Qasim, owner of Key Project Pvt Ltd; hotelier Sheikh Muhammed Khalid; and Rehman Sueliman and Abdur Wahab, who manage a company called Best Deals.
“Dawood did not allow any videography or photography of the wedding reception,” the classified documents said.
Though more officials from the Army and Pak security agencies were present on the occasion, efforts were made not to establish their identity, the documents added.
A couple of months back photographs of Dawood Ibrahim`s daughters’ marriage surfaced and Zee News was the first to reveal the exclusive photographs.
Mahrukh, the first daughter of Dawood, had tied the knot with Junaid, son of former Pakistani Test cricketer Javed Miandad, way back in July 2005 at a five-star hotel in Dubai. His second daughter, Mehreen had also secretly tied the knot with a Pakistani-American Ayub at Dawood’s palatial bungalow in Tony Clifton area of Karachi in February this year.
All these could add to the piling up evidences of Dawood’s presence in Pakistan.
Dawood is based in Karachi and is reportedly living under ISI`s protection. He is wanted by India for engineering the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts that snuffed out the lives of 300 people.
The Government of India has continually asked Pakistan to extradite Dawood. However, the Pakistan government has repeatedly denied Dawood`s presence in the country.
The Interpol has already issued a red corner notice against the don.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof