Dawood laundering blood money through Indian bank?
New Delhi: Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is still allegedly laundering blood money through a public sector bank’s branch in the tax havens in Nassau in Bahamas, according to a TV channel investigation.
The channel said in a press release that the investigation showed large volumes of funds belonging to terror groups based in Afghanistan and Pakistan are being handled by the fugitive don.
The release said highly-placed government sources reportedly told the investigation team that the bank’s Nassau branch saw successive wire transfers of several hundred thousand dollars from at least 3 Dubai-based currency exchanges.
The Al-Dirham exchange is named in an Indian government dossier on Dawood`s operations, it said.
The release said the bank’s Nassau branch was unavailable for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali