‘Dawood planning to invest in oil, mineral biz’
New Delhi: Indian intelligence agencies have accessed fresh evidence that reveals that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim not only continues to live in Pakistan but is also flourishing there. According to Zee News sources India’s most wanted criminal is expanding his illegal business empire to other countries and in new areas.
A highly classified intelligence report, a copy of which is with Zee News and has been received and collated by Indian security and intelligence agencies, reveals that Dawood Ibrahim, was planning heavy investments into oil and mineral business in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Azerbaijan.
As per top intelligence sources this information has been gathered over a period of more than four months from September to December 2011.
According to reports the investigation done by various agencies have revealed that Dawood Ibrahim was willing to invest more than 20 million dollars into this business. The report says that he has already floated front companies like Jupiter Finance, New Star Investments and Wahab Resources which are already operating out of Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar for these investments.
Investigations by various agencies have also confirmed that through these front companies Dawood Ibrahim has already parked huge amounts of money in tax heavens like Bahamas, Cyprus, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Luxembourg and Hong Kong. The money from these places will be invested in companies in oil and minerals sectors in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and
Azerbaijan to make it appear as a legal investment reveals the report.
According to the agencies Dawood Ibrahims total net worth through his
various activities has crossed Rs 12,000 crore.
Inputs available with investigative agencies also suggest that Dawood Ibrahim and his gang has managed to establish links with crime syndicates that are involved in gun running and drug
smuggling in these countries and who are also helping him to promote his illegal business interests.
According to the classified information available Dawood is trying to make a fresh attempt to enter the illegal coal and mining operations in India with help of Maoists.
Dawood has again specifically asked his contacts in Nepal to influence Nepalese Maoists asking them to ask their counterparts in India to help him in illegal coal and mining activities in states of Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Orrissa and Bihar which could be worth Rs 1,000 crore.
The possibility that the Maoists may help the Dawood Ibrahim gang seems very high as they have suffered reverses from security forces in the last few months. Some of their top leaders have been eliminated and they are in need of more resources in terms of money and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre