Dawood wants to be buried in Mumbai
New Delhi: After unleashing a reign of terror through his international crime syndicate and evading justice for decades, underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is now realising his Indian roots.
As per a report, Thursday, Dawood is critically ill – he had two massive heart attacks in the past two years - feels that his days are numbered; as a result, the 56-year old Karachi-based don’s health condition is being monitored 24X7 by a team of doctors and his family members.
However, as per the report, Dawood is already busy planning his end. He has instructed his men to find a suitable place for his burial in Mumbai or in his native town Khed in Ratnagiri district, close to the western metropolis.
Mumbai Crime Branch is also aware of the don’s desire to be buried in India. Himanshu Rai, chief of the Crime Branch, has been quoted as saying: “We have received credible inputs regarding this.”
Incidentally, Dawood had advanced the date of his younger daughter`s wedding a year ago after the second heart attack. While his elder daughter is married to former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad`s son; his son, the youngest of the three, married the daughter of a UK-based businessman sometime back.
Dawood is believed to be living under ISI`s protection in an upscale neighbourhood of Karachi. He escaped to Pakistan’s port city after engineering the Mumbai serial blasts in 1993 that killed over 250 innocents.
He is amongst the most wanted men in India and was branded a global terrorist by the US post 9/11. The dreaded don is also suspected to have provided logistical support to the 26/11 Mumbai attackers.
Although, Delhi has many times demanded that he be extradited but the Islamabad has held on to its view that he doesn’t live in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket