Day 12: Anna is weak, stressed
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare feels "weak and stressed" as his fast for a strong anti-corruption bill entered the 12th day on Saturday, said a doctor monitoring his health.
"Anna Hazare has lost seven kg and he is feeling weak and tired," a doctor, pleading anonymity, said.
"Although his vital parameters are stable at present, he should end his fast as soon as possible as his health is deteriorating. His complexion shows his health condition - he has turned dark due to dehydration," he added.
A volunteer confirmed that the 74-year-old activist is "stressed" and is "unable to walk properly".
Hazare has been surviving only on water since August 16, when he started his fast and was arrested. He was sent to Tihar Jail and was released the same day but he refused to come out. He shifted to Ramlila Grounds here August 19 where he has been continuing his fast since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city