Day 12: Anna is weak, stressed
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare feels "weak and stressed" as his fast for a strong anti-corruption bill entered the 12th day on Saturday, said a doctor monitoring his health.
"Anna Hazare has lost seven kg and he is feeling weak and tired," a doctor, pleading anonymity, said.
"Although his vital parameters are stable at present, he should end his fast as soon as possible as his health is deteriorating. His complexion shows his health condition - he has turned dark due to dehydration," he added.
A volunteer confirmed that the 74-year-old activist is "stressed" and is "unable to walk properly".
Hazare has been surviving only on water since August 16, when he started his fast and was arrested. He was sent to Tihar Jail and was released the same day but he refused to come out. He shifted to Ramlila Grounds here August 19 where he has been continuing his fast since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’