Days of UPA govt numbered: Sukhbir
Sri Muktsar Sahib: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal today said the Congress-led UPA government "may crumble anytime", paving the way for mid-term Lok Sabha elections.
Sukhbir, who was here to review arrangements for Maghi Mela, asked party workers to gear up fully for Lok Sabha elections "as the UPA government is admitted in the ICU and its days are numbered."
Sukhbir said he was fully convinced that intelligent voters of Punjab, who created history by giving repeat mandate to SAD-BJP government, would ensure clean sweep by the alliance in all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
He said Shiromani Akali Dal would organise a conference on the occasion of forthcoming Maghi Mela, in which the achievements and future priorities of Parkash Singh Badal government would be explained to the people.
He said the state government has launched a Rs 10,000 crore urban renewal project to upgrade overall infrastructure of all 147 cities and towns with special focus on 100 per cent drinking water and sewerage coverage, solid waste management and smooth flow of traffic.
Similarly Rs 20,000 crore project has been given final touches to upgrade the basic infrastructure of all the villages on urban pattern, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed