Days of UPA govt numbered: Sukhbir
Sri Muktsar Sahib: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal today said the Congress-led UPA government "may crumble anytime", paving the way for mid-term Lok Sabha elections.
Sukhbir, who was here to review arrangements for Maghi Mela, asked party workers to gear up fully for Lok Sabha elections "as the UPA government is admitted in the ICU and its days are numbered."
Sukhbir said he was fully convinced that intelligent voters of Punjab, who created history by giving repeat mandate to SAD-BJP government, would ensure clean sweep by the alliance in all the 13 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
He said Shiromani Akali Dal would organise a conference on the occasion of forthcoming Maghi Mela, in which the achievements and future priorities of Parkash Singh Badal government would be explained to the people.
He said the state government has launched a Rs 10,000 crore urban renewal project to upgrade overall infrastructure of all 147 cities and towns with special focus on 100 per cent drinking water and sewerage coverage, solid waste management and smooth flow of traffic.
Similarly Rs 20,000 crore project has been given final touches to upgrade the basic infrastructure of all the villages on urban pattern, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok