DDA 2014 housing scheme: Website restored, Banks to provide 20 lakh forms
New Delhi: A day after the much-awaited Delhi Development Authority's (DDA) 2014 housing scheme kicked-off, looking at the demand, the agency has planed to sell 25,000 forms through each of the 13 authorised banks from Tuesday.
According to reports, DDA had initially printed 15 lakh application forms, but now it has planned to print 20 lakh forms.
The authorised banks from where customers can avail the forms are - Kotak Mahindra Bank, Axis Bank, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Syndicate Bank, IndusInd Bank, Union Bank of India, IDBI Bank, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank, HDFC Bank, Corporation Bank and Central Bank of India.
Meanwhile, the DDA officials today restored its online service after a massive response to its mega housing scheme crashed the official website.
DDA sold nearly 30,000 application forms yesterday. The number does not include forms downloaded from the internet, reports said.
Top DDA officials said the website received a whopping 18.25 lakh hits since the launch of the housing scheme under which over 25,000 flats have been offered.
They said all the online services have been restored and the server was being upgraded to handle the "exponentially increased" user traffic.
The website -- dda.Org.In -- had crashed yesterday after receiving over five lakh hits within a few hours of the scheme's launch.
"We received a total of 11 lakh hits on the day of the launch. Our website usually gets between 2.5 to 3 thousand online users otherwise. Overall in the first two days, we received 18.25 lakh hits," VS Tomar, Director of Systems at DDA, PTI reported.
Tomar said every effort is being made to improve the online services.
"Our homepage has a new link 'DDA Housing Scheme 2014' lower down the website, which directs the online users to our 13 empanelled banks and URLs," said Tomar.
Thirteen banks have been empanelled to offer financial assistance to applicants. However, the bank URLs are yet to be activated.
"Online users who wish to download forms, or apply online or wish to buy forms can get details about the respective banks and their branches from our website.
Since, our server cannot handle the extremely heavy online traffic, we are redirecting the services to banks," Tomar said.
The official said that DDA has already initiated the process of upgrading its server to handle larger traffic.
"Our server bandwidth capacity is 45 mbps and the traffic we were receiving needed 65 mbps. We have already initiated the process of upgrading our server to handle 100 mbps requirements, and by tomorrow afternoon, we should be able to achieve it. If we make the links active now, the site would again crash," he said.
Points to remember:
About DDA flat scheme 2014-
- This scheme offers flat ranging from 7 Lakh to 1.21 crore, which includes all kinds of flats such as LIG, MIG, HIG, 1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3BHK etc.
- Application Form – Fee Rs 150 (Forms Available from 1st September 2014)
- Scheme launch date 1st Septemebr 2014.
- Registration Fee: Rs 1 Lac for general, Rs 10000 for EWS,(Submitted at the time of Application form submission).
- 811 old flats from previous housing scheme.
- 24,223 new flats including 700 EWS Flats.
- Total Flats Number – 25,034
- The last date of application is October 9, 2014. Draw of lots are expected to take place next month.
Who is eligible to apply-
- All Indian citizens above 18 years of age but must not own any plot or flat in Delhi in their or their spouse’s name or in the name of dependent children.
- One person can submit one application. Both husband wife can submit different application, but if both will success only 1 can retain flat.
- Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 1% for war widows, 3% for disabled, 1% for ex-servicemen.
Features of online application form-
- Url of the website -- dda.Org.In
- Name of first applicant
- Photograph of first applicant
- Gender of first applicant
- Date of Birth of first applicant
- Father's name of above
- Name of spouse of first applicant (optional)
- Pan number of first applicant
- Name of the Bank & Branch of first applicant
- Bank A/C number
DDA launched it largest-ever scheme -- the 'DDA Housing Scheme 2014' offering 25,034 flats, out of which 22,627 are one-bed room apartments, a major draw for people this year.
The new scheme which will be open till October 9, offers flats ranging from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 1.2 crore across various categories, viz - EWS, LIG, MIG, HIG, Janta flats and one-room apartments.
"The scheme is open to applicants from September 1 and the last date to receive the application is October 9. The draw of lots would preferably be taken out within 20 days of the close of the scheme," DDA Vice-Chairman Balvinder Kumar said.
The one-bedroom apartment flats are in Dwarka, Rohini, Narela and Siraspur areas, priced above 14 lakh onwards, depending on the location and plinth area, the DDA said.
Out of 896 newly-built flats, 512 are MIG flats and 384 Janta flats, located in Mukherjee Nagar, Narela, Rohini and Kalyan Vihar areas.
The MIG flats would range from Rs 41.30 lakh and Rs 69.90 lakh and the Janta flats - one room tenement with a kitchenette - would cost a little over Rs 10 lakh, it said.
DDA for the first time has introduced a five-year lock-in period for ownership of the flats, to cut out middlemen and reduce the scope of speculative buying.
"After five years, the DDA will formally execute a conveyance deed in their favour," the DDA official said.
The urban body also for the first time had proposed a 80-20 quota in this scheme, but that proposal which sought to offer 80 per cent flats to Delhi residents has been scrapped.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC