DDA launches 2014 housing scheme; 25,000 flats on offer
Zee Media Bureau/ Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority's (DDA) much-awaited 2014 housing scheme kicked-off on Monday.
"The DDA Housing Scheme 2014 is now officially open," Balvinder Kumar, vice-chairman, DDA, said.
The response online was so massive that the DDA official website crashed soon after the launch, a senior DDA official said.
The new scheme offers flats ranging from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 1.2 crore across categories, viz EWS, LIG, MIG, HIG, Janta flats and one-room apartments.
As part of the scheme, over 25,000 flats are on offer - 22,627 of them single-bedroom units, popularly called LIG flats.
The flats – 896 of them built using green technology – are located in areas like Rohini, Dwarka and Narela.
Registrations for a total of 25,034 units are opening starting today and will go on till October 9. The draw will be held within 15 to 20 days after October 9.
There will be no reservation for the residents of Delhi in allotment of flats. All Indian citizens above the age of 18 are eligible to apply.
The possession of these flats (LIG, MIG and HIG) will be given latest by March 2015.
Of the total 25,034 flats, 22,627 are two-room sets having one bedroom and a drawing room with a price tag of between Rs 14 to 22 lakhs.
The scheme also includes 700 EWS (economically weaker section) flats, constructed by a private developer.
The DDA is also allotting 811 old flats at several locations in different categories. These flats have been renovated and sport a complete new look.
The prices of these old flats have been quoted at 1.25% depreciated per annum rate.
For maintenance of these flats post allotment for a period of 30 years, the DDA has set up a Rs 362 crore corpus.
To apply for the flats, one has to be at least 18 years of age. The applicant will have to mandatorily provide a photocopy of PAN Card along with the application.
Further, the applicant should not have any property in Delhi in his name. He/she should not be holding any joint property as well.
To apply, one will have to deposit Rs 1 lakh as registration amount which will be returned if the flat is not allotted. The registration amount for EWS flats is Rs 10,000.
The registration can also be done online this time to ensure transparency in the process. For the sale of brochures with registration forms and payment of the registration amount, the DDA has tied up with 13 banks. The brochures are also available on the website of DDA.
There will be no file and challan system as there was earlier.
At the time of filing applications, no document other than a copy of PAN Card is required to be submitted. Only one application form with Rs 1 lakh is to be submitted.
The DDA will enter into a registered agreement with successful applicants only after a five-year lock-in period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now