Deal with France on Jaitapur N-plant this year
New Delhi: India on Saturday said it hopes to clinch later this year a deal with France for multiple nuclear energy units at Jaitapur in Maharashtra to produce 9,900 MW of power.
"Negotiations are going on and are progressing well. We hope to seal the deal later this year," official sources said referring to the proposed pact involving six nuclear power units of 1,650 MW each.
He said "we have not yet achieved the financial closure for the deal.
The technology for the power plants is proposed by French energy major Areva which has already entered into pacts with state-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India and private sector Larsen and Toubro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly