Decision on 2014 polls tie-up after October: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said JD(U) will take a call on whether to go it alone or be part of any front opposed to Congress and BJP for the 2014 general elections after October.
"Any decision on whether to go it alone or reach electoral understanding with federal front or third front for the 2014 elections will be taken only after October," Kumar told reporters here when asked about chances of JD(U) joining third front in the elections.
"Till October, JD(U) is busy conducting its meetings at district and Lok Sabha constituency level. We will discuss these electoral issues for the coming parliamentary polls after that (October)," Kumar said.
When asked that BJP is expected to name Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate soon, Kumar ducked the question.
He also skipped a question on Modi addressing a rally at Jaipur expected to be attended by minority Muslims from Ajmer and other places, saying "next question please."
Similarly, in reply to a question on Rahul Gandhi as Congress` prime ministerial candidate for general elections next year, Kumar told reporters it is the party`s privilege to make a decision on any individual considering its interests.
"Where is the need for opinion of a third person in such cases," he said at the press meet after `Janata Ke Darbar me Mukhya Mantri` programme.
On a question that there was a buzz that JD(U) was inclined towards Third Front for which Samajwadi Party of Mulayam Singh Yadav has begun efforts, Kumar said "many ideas keep coming but a decision on polls will be taken at an appropriate time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?