Decision on Cong PM candidate after elections: Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: The decision on the post of Prime Minister will be taken after the 2014 general elections, which the Congress will contest under the leadership of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Union minister Rajiv Shukla on Saturday said.
"Country`s leadership is currently in the able hands of Dr Manmohan Singh. As far as the PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls is concerned, the Congress Parliamentary Party will take a decision in this regard after the polls," Shukla said.
Shukla, who was here to attend a meeting of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association, said party President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in Lok Sabha polls.
When asked about recently-reported remarks of Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Samjwadi party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shukla said the matter has been resolved now.
On DMK`s departure from UPA and the CBI raids on its leader MK Stalin`s house that followed, the Minister said there was no political vendetta behind the raids and the government is fully stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees