Decision on Cong PM candidate after elections: Rajiv Shukla
Kanpur: The decision on the post of Prime Minister will be taken after the 2014 general elections, which the Congress will contest under the leadership of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Union minister Rajiv Shukla on Saturday said.
"Country`s leadership is currently in the able hands of Dr Manmohan Singh. As far as the PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls is concerned, the Congress Parliamentary Party will take a decision in this regard after the polls," Shukla said.
Shukla, who was here to attend a meeting of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association, said party President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in Lok Sabha polls.
When asked about recently-reported remarks of Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Samjwadi party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shukla said the matter has been resolved now.
On DMK`s departure from UPA and the CBI raids on its leader MK Stalin`s house that followed, the Minister said there was no political vendetta behind the raids and the government is fully stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work