Decision on continuing support to UPA tomorrow: Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati on Tuesday said snap Lok Sabha polls were a possibility, but delayed a decision on continuing outside support to the Congress-led UPA government till tomorrow.
“Present situation indicates that the Lok Sabha polls could take place earlier than scheduled,” Mayawati told her supporters at a grand rally here.
Asking her party workers to gear up for an early Lok Sabha polls, Mayawati said the BSP national executive would meet tomorrow and decide on continuing support to the UPA government.
The BSP chief said the Congress had secretly worked with the Samajwadi Party to defeat BSP in the Assembly polls.
The BSP will give a befitting reply to the SP, the BJP and the Congress, she warned.
“Ever since the Congress-led UPA has come to power, its economic policies have only increased common man’s trouble,” Mayawati said, adding the Central government’s decisions have been anti-people.
Mayawati said FDI in retail will only harm people. But she added that “if retail FDI helps the farmers, she will reconsider her party’s stand”.
“As elections near, the Congress will make many pro-people announcements to induce voters. However, the poll gimmick will not benefit people in anyway,” she said.
She also called on supporters not to support dynasty politics.
Mayawati hit out at the Central and Uttar Pradesh governments for being anti-Dalit.
The BSP chief condemned the Congress-led government at the Centre for not declaring party ideologue Kanshiram’s death anniversary (October 9) as a national holiday.
She also hit out at the Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government for cancelling the public holiday on the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshiram.
You should never pardon anti-Dalit parties, Mayawati told her supporters.
The BSP chief said ever since the Samajwadi Party came to power, 24 statues of hers and Babasaheb Ambedkar have been damaged.
She further accused the SP government of changing schemes and names of towns and cities named after Dr Ambedkar.
The BSP chief hit out at the SP also for its stand on reservation in jobs for minorities, the Bill on which is pending in Parliament.
Mayawati said had it not been for Dr Ambedkar and reservation, Mulayam Singh and his family would have been working in farms.
The BSP has never discriminated between the Muslim or the Yadav community, Mayawati said, adding the SP has not done anything for Muslims. Even the non-Yadav other backward classes are deprived, she added.
She said law and order has been deteriorating in UP ever since SP came to power, adding Uttar Pradesh has become a “crime pradesh” under the SP regime. The state is not being ruled by law but gangsters, she said.
“Women are no more safe in Uttar Pradesh,” she added.
Mayawati accused the Akhilesh Yadav government of working with political vendetta and not acting on its poll manifesto.
“The new CM is busy inaugurating works started by me,” she said, calling Akhilesh a “Ghoshna CM”.
Mayawati said the common man could get no work done under the SP regime without paying a bribe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow