Decision on FDI taken under foreign pressure: BJP
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Continuing its attack on the UPA government over its decision on FDI in retail, the BJP has alleged that the decision was taken under pressure from foreign countries.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Vajpayee, speaking at an ABVP function here yesterday, said the move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail was taken under pressure from countries like America, whose economic interests stand inversely proportioned to that of small traders and farmers.
Vajpayee also slammed Samajwadi Party over its support to the UPA government, and dubbed it a party with a dual face.
"People had hoped it (SP) will work for the welfare of common people but SP has failed to maintain the law and order situation," Vajpayee said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video