Decision on FDI taken under foreign pressure: BJP
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Continuing its attack on the UPA government over its decision on FDI in retail, the BJP has alleged that the decision was taken under pressure from foreign countries.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Vajpayee, speaking at an ABVP function here yesterday, said the move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail was taken under pressure from countries like America, whose economic interests stand inversely proportioned to that of small traders and farmers.
Vajpayee also slammed Samajwadi Party over its support to the UPA government, and dubbed it a party with a dual face.
"People had hoped it (SP) will work for the welfare of common people but SP has failed to maintain the law and order situation," Vajpayee said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...