Decision on FDI taken under foreign pressure: BJP
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Continuing its attack on the UPA government over its decision on FDI in retail, the BJP has alleged that the decision was taken under pressure from foreign countries.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Vajpayee, speaking at an ABVP function here yesterday, said the move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail was taken under pressure from countries like America, whose economic interests stand inversely proportioned to that of small traders and farmers.
Vajpayee also slammed Samajwadi Party over its support to the UPA government, and dubbed it a party with a dual face.
"People had hoped it (SP) will work for the welfare of common people but SP has failed to maintain the law and order situation," Vajpayee said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand