Decision on FDI taken under foreign pressure: BJP
Muzaffarnagar (UP): Continuing its attack on the UPA government over its decision on FDI in retail, the BJP has alleged that the decision was taken under pressure from foreign countries.
State BJP chief Laxmikant Vajpayee, speaking at an ABVP function here yesterday, said the move to allow FDI in multi-brand retail was taken under pressure from countries like America, whose economic interests stand inversely proportioned to that of small traders and farmers.
Vajpayee also slammed Samajwadi Party over its support to the UPA government, and dubbed it a party with a dual face.
"People had hoped it (SP) will work for the welfare of common people but SP has failed to maintain the law and order situation," Vajpayee said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon