Decision on JPC before Feb 23, says govt
New Delhi: Ahead of the Budget session beginning on Monday, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said on Friday that a decision on forming a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) to probe the irregularities in 2G spectrum allocation will be taken in a few days.
"A decision on a JPC will be taken in the next three or four days. Government is consulting Opposition parties on the issue," Bansal told reporters at the pre-session press conference.
The Nov 9-Dec 13 Winter session of Parliament was crippled by Opposition demands for a JPC to probe into the 2G spectrum scam and the government refusing to relent. No business could be transacted during the session.
The Budget session starts on Monday with President Pratibha Patil`s address to a joint session of Parliament. The pre-budget Economic Survey and the Railway Budget will be presented on Feb 25 and the general budget on Feb 28.
The session will be conducted in two phases with a recess from March 16 to April 4 and will conclude April 21.
"The session will have 29 sittings, 17 in first half and 12 in the second half. A total of 75 items, including 66 bills, have been identified for being presented during the session," Bansal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?