`Decision on judicial probe on coal issue only by PM`
New Delhi: With SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking a judicial probe into the coal block allocation, Law Minister Salman Khurshid today said a decision on this can be taken only by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"It is a view of Mulayam Singh. It will go to the Prime Minister. Whatever decision is taken by him, whether a decision is taken, only time will tell," Khurshid told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked how the government views the SP supremo coming together with the Left Parties on the issue of coal block allocation, he evaded a direct reply.
He said the party was "grateful" to Yadav for continuously supporting the UPA Government.
Yadav and MPs from TDP and Left parties today sat on a dharna in front of Parliament House to seek a judicial inquiry into coal blocks allocation.
Eight parties, including the Samajwadi Party and the Left, have also joined hands to protest the continued disruption of Parliament.
Khurshid said the Government wanted discussion on the issue and the BJP, which is continuously disrupting the proceedings of Parliament, is "already isolated"
"There is no doubt that we want the discussion and we believe that we are actually right in saying that there should be a discussion. The BJP is already isolated. Sadly, it is already isolated.
"It is riding a tiger and doesn`t know how to get off. If someone helps them to get off the tiger. No problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’