`Decision on judicial probe on coal issue only by PM`
New Delhi: With SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking a judicial probe into the coal block allocation, Law Minister Salman Khurshid today said a decision on this can be taken only by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"It is a view of Mulayam Singh. It will go to the Prime Minister. Whatever decision is taken by him, whether a decision is taken, only time will tell," Khurshid told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked how the government views the SP supremo coming together with the Left Parties on the issue of coal block allocation, he evaded a direct reply.
He said the party was "grateful" to Yadav for continuously supporting the UPA Government.
Yadav and MPs from TDP and Left parties today sat on a dharna in front of Parliament House to seek a judicial inquiry into coal blocks allocation.
Eight parties, including the Samajwadi Party and the Left, have also joined hands to protest the continued disruption of Parliament.
Khurshid said the Government wanted discussion on the issue and the BJP, which is continuously disrupting the proceedings of Parliament, is "already isolated"
"There is no doubt that we want the discussion and we believe that we are actually right in saying that there should be a discussion. The BJP is already isolated. Sadly, it is already isolated.
"It is riding a tiger and doesn`t know how to get off. If someone helps them to get off the tiger. No problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced