`Decision on judicial probe on coal issue only by PM`
New Delhi: With SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav seeking a judicial probe into the coal block allocation, Law Minister Salman Khurshid today said a decision on this can be taken only by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"It is a view of Mulayam Singh. It will go to the Prime Minister. Whatever decision is taken by him, whether a decision is taken, only time will tell," Khurshid told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked how the government views the SP supremo coming together with the Left Parties on the issue of coal block allocation, he evaded a direct reply.
He said the party was "grateful" to Yadav for continuously supporting the UPA Government.
Yadav and MPs from TDP and Left parties today sat on a dharna in front of Parliament House to seek a judicial inquiry into coal blocks allocation.
Eight parties, including the Samajwadi Party and the Left, have also joined hands to protest the continued disruption of Parliament.
Khurshid said the Government wanted discussion on the issue and the BJP, which is continuously disrupting the proceedings of Parliament, is "already isolated"
"There is no doubt that we want the discussion and we believe that we are actually right in saying that there should be a discussion. The BJP is already isolated. Sadly, it is already isolated.
"It is riding a tiger and doesn`t know how to get off. If someone helps them to get off the tiger. No problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why