Decision on UPSC row at appropriate time: Minister
New Delhi: The government will share its decision on the row over the civil service entrance examination at an "appropriate time", Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Officer Jitendra Singh said Saturday.
"At an appropriate time, the government will share whatever the decisions are," Jitendra Singh told reporters after meeting Home Minister Rajnath Singh over the issue.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader JP Nadda said the Narendra Modi government is serious about solving the issue.
"Government is seriously looking into the concerns raised by the students. Government and the party are together trying to solve the issue," he said.
"I also appeal to the students to maintain calm, a decision will be taken as soon as possible," he said.
The aspirants for the examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), have been demanding the aptitude test (CSAT-II) be scrapped as they term it discriminatory to those from Hindi-speaking states as well as humanities students.
The CSAT-II paper in the UPSC preliminary exam carries questions on comprehension, interpersonal skills including communication skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability, decision-making and problem-solving, general mental ability, basic numeracy and English language comprehension skills (of Class 10 level).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days