Declare Italian marines as absconders: Rajnath to govt
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday demanded that the two Italian marines involved in the killing of Indian fishermen should be declared absconders and efforts should be made to apprehend them with the help of Interpol.
"The two Italian marines who had killed two innocent Indian fishermen on the Kerala coast should be declared absconders by our government. India should also make efforts to arrest them with the help of Interpol as they have broken the law and should be brought to book," Singh told PTI.
He further said that the Italian Ambassador to India had given a guarantee to the Supreme Court that the two marines will return after casting their votes in the elections in their country but this has been breached by him.
The UPA government should take appropriate action against the ambassador, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation