Declare Italian marines as absconders: Rajnath to govt
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday demanded that the two Italian marines involved in the killing of Indian fishermen should be declared absconders and efforts should be made to apprehend them with the help of Interpol.
"The two Italian marines who had killed two innocent Indian fishermen on the Kerala coast should be declared absconders by our government. India should also make efforts to arrest them with the help of Interpol as they have broken the law and should be brought to book," Singh told PTI.
He further said that the Italian Ambassador to India had given a guarantee to the Supreme Court that the two marines will return after casting their votes in the elections in their country but this has been breached by him.
The UPA government should take appropriate action against the ambassador, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!