Declare Italian marines as absconders: Rajnath to govt
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday demanded that the two Italian marines involved in the killing of Indian fishermen should be declared absconders and efforts should be made to apprehend them with the help of Interpol.
"The two Italian marines who had killed two innocent Indian fishermen on the Kerala coast should be declared absconders by our government. India should also make efforts to arrest them with the help of Interpol as they have broken the law and should be brought to book," Singh told PTI.
He further said that the Italian Ambassador to India had given a guarantee to the Supreme Court that the two marines will return after casting their votes in the elections in their country but this has been breached by him.
The UPA government should take appropriate action against the ambassador, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony