Declare Pakistan a terrorist state: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an apex body of the Kashmiri Pandits, on Sunday said that India should take steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and insisted all the confidence building measures (CBM) with the neighbouring country should be stopped immediately.
"When the state of Pakistan has gone resolutely to the extent of open support to extremism and terrorism in India, India needs to take all necessary steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and the government of Pakistan a rouge government," President of Panun Kashmir Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, said while hinting at the resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan on execution of Afzal Guru.
"The international opinion in this regard needs to be taken into confidence and the so-called CBM with Pakistan require to stopped forthwith.
"Pakistan`s blatant resolution on the Guru is tantamount to an open admittance of its abatement to terrorism and terror attack on the Indian Parliament," Chrungoo said during a function here.
He added that while the response of the Indian Parliament was a welcome step, it felt short of meeting the aspirations of people.
Meanwhile, BJP state president and MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma, who was also present on the occasion, hailed the Kashmiri Pandit community as the torch bearer in the religious-cultural field and said that they had to face the worst times because of the follies of the government.
"BJP shares common nationalist ideals with the community and we will continue our support to the just demands of the Pandits," he said.
The BJP leader said that his party rejects Pakistan`s interference in country`s internal matters and added that they should vacate the areas of the state occupied by it in 1947.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know