Declare Pakistan a terrorist state: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an apex body of the Kashmiri Pandits, on Sunday said that India should take steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and insisted all the confidence building measures (CBM) with the neighbouring country should be stopped immediately.
"When the state of Pakistan has gone resolutely to the extent of open support to extremism and terrorism in India, India needs to take all necessary steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and the government of Pakistan a rouge government," President of Panun Kashmir Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, said while hinting at the resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan on execution of Afzal Guru.
"The international opinion in this regard needs to be taken into confidence and the so-called CBM with Pakistan require to stopped forthwith.
"Pakistan`s blatant resolution on the Guru is tantamount to an open admittance of its abatement to terrorism and terror attack on the Indian Parliament," Chrungoo said during a function here.
He added that while the response of the Indian Parliament was a welcome step, it felt short of meeting the aspirations of people.
Meanwhile, BJP state president and MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma, who was also present on the occasion, hailed the Kashmiri Pandit community as the torch bearer in the religious-cultural field and said that they had to face the worst times because of the follies of the government.
"BJP shares common nationalist ideals with the community and we will continue our support to the just demands of the Pandits," he said.
The BJP leader said that his party rejects Pakistan`s interference in country`s internal matters and added that they should vacate the areas of the state occupied by it in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?