Declare Pakistan a terrorist state: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an apex body of the Kashmiri Pandits, on Sunday said that India should take steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and insisted all the confidence building measures (CBM) with the neighbouring country should be stopped immediately.
"When the state of Pakistan has gone resolutely to the extent of open support to extremism and terrorism in India, India needs to take all necessary steps to declare Pakistan a terrorist state and the government of Pakistan a rouge government," President of Panun Kashmir Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo, said while hinting at the resolution passed by the National Assembly of Pakistan on execution of Afzal Guru.
"The international opinion in this regard needs to be taken into confidence and the so-called CBM with Pakistan require to stopped forthwith.
"Pakistan`s blatant resolution on the Guru is tantamount to an open admittance of its abatement to terrorism and terror attack on the Indian Parliament," Chrungoo said during a function here.
He added that while the response of the Indian Parliament was a welcome step, it felt short of meeting the aspirations of people.
Meanwhile, BJP state president and MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma, who was also present on the occasion, hailed the Kashmiri Pandit community as the torch bearer in the religious-cultural field and said that they had to face the worst times because of the follies of the government.
"BJP shares common nationalist ideals with the community and we will continue our support to the just demands of the Pandits," he said.
The BJP leader said that his party rejects Pakistan`s interference in country`s internal matters and added that they should vacate the areas of the state occupied by it in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees