Decline in number of whistleblower complaints on graft: Govt
New Delhi: There has been a decline in number of corruption complaints from whistleblowers during the past three years, the government said Wednesday.
The Central Vigilance Commission has received 698 complaints under Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) resolution also known as whistleblower resolution in the last year as against 804 in 2012 and 901 in 2011, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said in a written reply to Lok Sabha.=
The CVC has received 16,929 general complaints of corruption during 2011, 37,039 in 2012 and 31,432 in 2013, he said.
The complaints received in the CVC are dealt according to its complaint handling policy.
"After receipt of the complaints (including those received under PIDPI resolution), it is scrutinised and wherever specific and verifiable allegations involving vigilance angle or corruption are noticed by the Commission, the complaints are forwarded to the appropriate agency (i.E. Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the organisation or CBI) to conduct investigation into the matter and report to the Commission," he said.
The Commission after careful consideration of all factors and with a view to ensuring promptness in the matters involving vigilance administration has prescribed a period of three months for completing investigations into a complaint and sending the report to the Commission, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened