Dedicated wing in UAE`s Indian missions to address grievances
New Delhi: The government said on Tuesday it has set up a dedicated “community affairs wing” in Indian missions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to deal with the redressal of grievances of Indian nationals.
The community affairs wing also resolves matters related to irregular residence status of Indian nationals in UAE, followed by repatriation of the concerned individuals, the ministry of overseas Indian affairs said in a statement here.
In addition to this, there is one Indian Workers Resource Centre (IWRC) at Dubai addressing grievances of Indian workers which also offers free legal, psychological and financial counseling to distressed Indians and also organises awareness campaigns at prominent labour camps to educate the Indian workers, it said.
“Government has made robust arrangements to deal with the problems of Indian workers in Emigration Check Required (ECR) countries which include Indian Workers Resource Centre, helpline for providing counselling and other assistance and Indian Community Welfare Fund for need based and on-site welfare of distressed emigrants,” it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?