Dedicated wing in UAE`s Indian missions to address grievances
New Delhi: The government said on Tuesday it has set up a dedicated “community affairs wing” in Indian missions in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to deal with the redressal of grievances of Indian nationals.
The community affairs wing also resolves matters related to irregular residence status of Indian nationals in UAE, followed by repatriation of the concerned individuals, the ministry of overseas Indian affairs said in a statement here.
In addition to this, there is one Indian Workers Resource Centre (IWRC) at Dubai addressing grievances of Indian workers which also offers free legal, psychological and financial counseling to distressed Indians and also organises awareness campaigns at prominent labour camps to educate the Indian workers, it said.
“Government has made robust arrangements to deal with the problems of Indian workers in Emigration Check Required (ECR) countries which include Indian Workers Resource Centre, helpline for providing counselling and other assistance and Indian Community Welfare Fund for need based and on-site welfare of distressed emigrants,” it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi