Deep depression to weaken into depression in 12 hours
Chennai: A deep depression over Bay of Bengal would further weaken into a depression in the next 12 hours and bring rain under its influence to Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, Indian Meterological Department said on Wednesday.
The deep depression over west central Bay of Bengal moved slightly southwestward, and lay centered at 11.30 hours about 380 km southeast of Machillipatnam, 370 km east-northeast of Chennai and 620 km north-northeast of Trincomalee in Sri Lanka, IMD said in a bulletin.
"It would move further southwestwards and weaken into depression during next 12 hours. Under the influence of this system, rainfall would occur at isolated places over coastal Andhra Pradesh, coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry during next 24 hours," it said.
Rainfall would occur at many places over Tamil Nadu and Puducherry with isolated heavy rainfall over coastal Tamil Nadu during subsequent 48 hours, it said.
The bulletin also advised fishermen along and off North Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts against venturing into the sea during next 24 hours, starting 0830 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview