Deepak Bhardwaj murder: Yoga guru detained
Indore: A yoga guru has been detained by Delhi Crime Branch in connection with the murder of BSP leader Deepak Bhardwaj, officials said here.
Avinash Shastri, said to be the yoga trainer of a "spiritual guru," suspected to be behind Bhardwaj`s murder allegedly over a land dispute, was detained from Umanand Parmarthic Nyas Ashram near the aerodrome here last night, police said.
Shastri was taken into custody and interrogated by the Delhi crime branch police team at an undisclosed place, Aerodrome police station incharge Akilesh Dwivedi said.
Shastri is said to be a close friend of the spiritual guru and suspected to be in touch with the main accused in the case recently, Dwivedi said, quoting Delhi crime branch team officials.
The police team from Delhi landed here a couple of days back after locating mobile phone links of the spiritual leader in Indore at the Ashram run by Umanand, he said.
Umanand was missing from the Ashram when the team raided the place yesterday, he added.
The spiritual guru is said to have approached alleged shooters -- Purushottam Rana and Sunil Mann -- with the contract to kill Bhardwaj, the richest candidate in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Bhardwaj was murdered in his south Delhi farmhouse on March 26.
Though the motive is yet to be clear as the main conspirators have not been nabbed, police suspect that property or money could be the reason behind the murder of Bhardwaj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video