Deeply disturbed by Hyderabad twin blasts: Meira Kumar
New Delhi: "Strongly" condemning the twin blasts in Hyderabad, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Friday said the incident had left everyone "deeply disturbed".
"I strongly condemn this act of terrorism in Hyderabad last (Thursday) evening and I offer my condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives," Kumar told reporters outside Parliament house.
"We all are deeply disturbed because of this tragic incident. I wish speedy recovery to those who have been injured in the attack," she added.
At least 14 people were killed and 119 injured in twin bomb blasts that rocked Dilsukhnagar, a major commercial hub in Hyderabad on Thursday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount