Deeply shocked by Bhandara rape incident: Shinde
Nagpur: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday expressed shock at the rape and murder of three minor sisters in the Bhandara district of Maharashtra last month.
Making a statement in Parliament on the issue, Shinde said, “I am deeply shocked at the ghastly rape and murder of the three sisters. I am sure the collective consciousness of all members of the House would be revolted by this incident.”
Recalling the incident, Shinde said the three girls had gone missing after leaving for school on the morning of February 14. A case was registered at the Lakhani police station in Bhandara district on the same night.
Their bodies were found floating in a well on February 17. The post-mortem conducted by a team of 5 doctors established sexual abuse.
The minister further informed that the in-charge of the police station was suspended on February 19.
The minister added that an investigation by the Maharashtra police is underway to apprehend the perpetrators.
The statement came over two weeks after the incident. So far, police have failed to make a headway in the case.
A fact-finding team of the National Human Rights Commission this week visited Murwadi village in Lakhani taluka where the incident occurred.
The NCW team blamed the local police for lapses in the case, calling them insensitive and clueless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...