Def Min to question Haschke on politicians, bureaucrats in chopper scam
New Delhi: With references to politicians and bureaucrats coming up in the chopper scam trial in Italy, the Defence Ministry is expected to seek clarifications on the issue from alleged middleman Guido Haschke during the next hearing of the case there.
The references to initials of politicians and designations of bureaucrats have come up as the Italian prosecutors presented a memo prepared by the middlemen in which a `draft budget` for provision of 30 million Euros has been made to swing the deal allegedly in favour of AgustaWestland.
During the next hearing on December 13, "our lawyer is expected to be seeking further clarifications from Hashcke on the issue", sources said here.
In the last hearing on December 6, the Indian side did not ask any questions to Haschke after the opportunity was provided in a court in Milan. The Indian lawyer has reserved the right to question him during the next hearing.
According to reports from Italy, Haschke has claimed that EUR 6 million were paid to Air Force officials and EUR 8.4 million to the bureaucracy.
In the draft budget, references have also been made to `AP` and "FAM` in the list under the provision for politicians.
The bureaucracy list includes references to abbreviations "DS", "JS AIR", "AFA", "DG Acquisition". But they have not been explained in detail.
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs
- Vijay Mallya cries foul, says not given fair trial
- BJP TN chief receives 'threat' message
- Shocking! Water tankers meant for people being sold to businessmen for profit in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed