Def Ministry, DD sign MoU for shows on ex-servicemen`s lives
New Delhi: The Defence Ministry today signed
a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Doordarshan to
produce programmes on different facets of ex-servicemen’s
"The programmes will also include the roles played by the
ESM in nation building and the efforts being made by the
Government for their welfare and resettlement over the years,"
a Defence Ministry statement said here.
The MoU was signed by Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Secretary Neelam Nath and Doordarshan Director General Aruna
"Television viewers across the country will now be able
to experience the real life stories of the ESM and the
contributions made by them in nation-building. The
infotainment programmes will also project the resettlement and
various welfare measures of the government," it said.
There are nearly 27 lakh ESM in the country including
over five lakh widows. This figure swells by an average of
about 50,000 ESM, who are released from the armed forces,
The Directorate General of Resettlement (DGR), an
inter-services organisation under the Defence Ministry, runs
various resettlement and welfare schemes for the benefit of
the vast ESM workforce in the country.
Over 50,000 were gainfully re-employed by the DGR last
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank