Def Ministry, DD sign MoU for shows on ex-servicemen`s lives
New Delhi: The Defence Ministry today signed
a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Doordarshan to
produce programmes on different facets of ex-servicemen’s
"The programmes will also include the roles played by the
ESM in nation building and the efforts being made by the
Government for their welfare and resettlement over the years,"
a Defence Ministry statement said here.
The MoU was signed by Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Secretary Neelam Nath and Doordarshan Director General Aruna
"Television viewers across the country will now be able
to experience the real life stories of the ESM and the
contributions made by them in nation-building. The
infotainment programmes will also project the resettlement and
various welfare measures of the government," it said.
There are nearly 27 lakh ESM in the country including
over five lakh widows. This figure swells by an average of
about 50,000 ESM, who are released from the armed forces,
The Directorate General of Resettlement (DGR), an
inter-services organisation under the Defence Ministry, runs
various resettlement and welfare schemes for the benefit of
the vast ESM workforce in the country.
Over 50,000 were gainfully re-employed by the DGR last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!