Defamation case: VK Singh, four officers get bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted bail to former Army chief Gen VK Singh and four other Army officers in a defamation case filed by Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh.
Granting bail to VK Singh and the four others, Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja also asked them to furnish a surety amount of Rs.20,000.
Tejinder Singh had filed a case against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statements against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh had also named Army Vice Chief Lt Gen SK Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt Gen BS Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen SL Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt Col Hitten Sawhney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued