Defamation case: VK Singh, four officers get bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted bail to former Army chief Gen VK Singh and four other Army officers in a defamation case filed by Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh.
Granting bail to VK Singh and the four others, Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja also asked them to furnish a surety amount of Rs.20,000.
Tejinder Singh had filed a case against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statements against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh had also named Army Vice Chief Lt Gen SK Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt Gen BS Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen SL Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt Col Hitten Sawhney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda