Defamation case: VK Singh, four officers get bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted bail to former Army chief Gen VK Singh and four other Army officers in a defamation case filed by Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh.
Granting bail to VK Singh and the four others, Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja also asked them to furnish a surety amount of Rs.20,000.
Tejinder Singh had filed a case against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statements against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh had also named Army Vice Chief Lt Gen SK Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt Gen BS Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen SL Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt Col Hitten Sawhney.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU