Defamation case: VK Singh, four officers get bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted bail to former Army chief Gen VK Singh and four other Army officers in a defamation case filed by Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh.
Granting bail to VK Singh and the four others, Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja also asked them to furnish a surety amount of Rs.20,000.
Tejinder Singh had filed a case against the former army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statements against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, Tejinder Singh had also named Army Vice Chief Lt Gen SK Singh, Director General Military Intelligence Lt Gen BS Thakur, Additional Director General Public Information Major Gen SL Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information Staff Officer Lt Col Hitten Sawhney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM