Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam
New Delhi: Lt Gen Jitendra Singh, commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Pune, that has been caught in a recruitment scandal in recent days, was Wednesday shunted out by the Defence Ministry to ensure "a free and fair" probe into the case, an official said.
"Defence Minister AK Antony has ordered the immediate shifting of Lt. Gen. Jitendra Singh, Commandant, National Defence Academy (NDA), Pune. This is with the view to ensure a free and fair investigation in the alleged bribery racket in the recruitment of Group `C` posts in the NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere