Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam
New Delhi: Lt Gen Jitendra Singh, commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Pune, that has been caught in a recruitment scandal in recent days, was Wednesday shunted out by the Defence Ministry to ensure "a free and fair" probe into the case, an official said.
"Defence Minister AK Antony has ordered the immediate shifting of Lt. Gen. Jitendra Singh, Commandant, National Defence Academy (NDA), Pune. This is with the view to ensure a free and fair investigation in the alleged bribery racket in the recruitment of Group `C` posts in the NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut