Defence academy chief shifted over recruitment scam
New Delhi: Lt Gen Jitendra Singh, commandant of the National Defence Academy (NDA) at Pune, that has been caught in a recruitment scandal in recent days, was Wednesday shunted out by the Defence Ministry to ensure "a free and fair" probe into the case, an official said.
"Defence Minister AK Antony has ordered the immediate shifting of Lt. Gen. Jitendra Singh, Commandant, National Defence Academy (NDA), Pune. This is with the view to ensure a free and fair investigation in the alleged bribery racket in the recruitment of Group `C` posts in the NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister