Defence land transferred for building school
New Delhi: The Government on Thursday gave a go-ahead to a proposal for transferring defence land in Kanpur and Gurgaon to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for construction of a school and other related infrastructure there.
The land will be transferred on leased basis and the formalities will be completed within three months, said a Government statement, after the transfer was cleared by the Cabinet today.
"The land will be transferred on lease basis at a nominal rent of Rs one per annum (without any premium) and in terms of existing government policy on the subject," a
Government official said here.
The transfer of 8.90 acres of defence land in Kanpur will facilitate construction of the school and other related infrastructure of KV No 3 at Air Force Station, Chakeri.
Similarly, the transfer of 15.19 acres of defence land in Gurgaon will facilitate creation of permanent school building and other related infrastructure like staff quarters, playground, and the like at the KV school in Air Force Communication Centre and Transmitting Station (AFCCTS) there, the statement said.
This would also provide a conducive environment for effective teaching and learning and also increase educational opportunities for the children of both defence personnel and civilians in the area, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...