Defence land transferred for building school
New Delhi: The Government on Thursday gave a go-ahead to a proposal for transferring defence land in Kanpur and Gurgaon to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for construction of a school and other related infrastructure there.
The land will be transferred on leased basis and the formalities will be completed within three months, said a Government statement, after the transfer was cleared by the Cabinet today.
"The land will be transferred on lease basis at a nominal rent of Rs one per annum (without any premium) and in terms of existing government policy on the subject," a
Government official said here.
The transfer of 8.90 acres of defence land in Kanpur will facilitate construction of the school and other related infrastructure of KV No 3 at Air Force Station, Chakeri.
Similarly, the transfer of 15.19 acres of defence land in Gurgaon will facilitate creation of permanent school building and other related infrastructure like staff quarters, playground, and the like at the KV school in Air Force Communication Centre and Transmitting Station (AFCCTS) there, the statement said.
This would also provide a conducive environment for effective teaching and learning and also increase educational opportunities for the children of both defence personnel and civilians in the area, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH