Defence land transferred for building school
New Delhi: The Government on Thursday gave a go-ahead to a proposal for transferring defence land in Kanpur and Gurgaon to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for construction of a school and other related infrastructure there.
The land will be transferred on leased basis and the formalities will be completed within three months, said a Government statement, after the transfer was cleared by the Cabinet today.
"The land will be transferred on lease basis at a nominal rent of Rs one per annum (without any premium) and in terms of existing government policy on the subject," a
Government official said here.
The transfer of 8.90 acres of defence land in Kanpur will facilitate construction of the school and other related infrastructure of KV No 3 at Air Force Station, Chakeri.
Similarly, the transfer of 15.19 acres of defence land in Gurgaon will facilitate creation of permanent school building and other related infrastructure like staff quarters, playground, and the like at the KV school in Air Force Communication Centre and Transmitting Station (AFCCTS) there, the statement said.
This would also provide a conducive environment for effective teaching and learning and also increase educational opportunities for the children of both defence personnel and civilians in the area, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof