Defence Min rejects proposal for Tawang airport
Itanagar: The Defence Ministry has
rejected a proposal to construct an airport at the Buddhist
town of Tawang as it is located close to the Sino-India
border, the state government said today.
"They have rejected the proposal but I have taken up
the issue with Defence Minister A K Antony and he has assured
me to relook into the demand," Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu told reporters here.
At present Tawang, the home district of Khandu, is
linked by a daily helicopter service from Guwahati through
Meanwhile, the Chief Minister alleged that even though
the clearance for a greenfield airport at Itanagar has been
obtained, the Civil Aviation Ministry is delaying
"I don’t know why the NCP, which is a coalition partner
of the UPA government is taking a step-motherly attitude
towards the Congress-ruled Arunachal," he said.
The state govt has proposed airdropping of PDS items,
especially in border areas to mitigate the hardships of the
people, Khandu said adding that eight unused advanced landing
grounds in different parts of the state have been handed over
to the Defence Ministry for their revival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday