Defence minister tells DRDO to complete projects in time
New Delhi: Defence Minister A.K. Antony Wednesday asked the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to complete its projects within the prescribed time-frame.
DRDO should concentrate on high-end research, particularly in critical and strategic areas, Antony said at a high-level meeting here.
He asked the DRDO to invest more time and resources in fundamental research, lay more emphasis on major mission-mode programmes for the armed forces and pool together resources and talent available in academic and other research institutions.
The defence minister also asked DRDO to ensure that the initial operational clearance and final operational clearance of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) are completed on schedule, an official release said.
At present, 532 projects being carried out by DRDO are in various stages of implementation. While some projects have been completed, others are in different stages of production and induction, as well as in stages of development and trial.
Antony complimented DRDO for its several successes, and said the organisation has contributed to India`s national defence preparedness and deterrence capability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town