Defence Ministry clears purchase of military items
New Delhi: The Defence Ministry on Wednesday cleared proposals worth over Rs 1,500 crore for procurement of various systems including Israeli anti-missile radars for the Navy`s warships.
The proposals cleared by the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) headed by Defence Minister AK Antony include approval for the procurement of Anti-missile Doppler Radar (AMDR) from Israel for around Rs 300 crore, Navy sources said here today.
The radar would be deployed with the weapon systems on-board naval ships to protect them from enemy missiles, they said.
The apex decision-making body of the Ministry also cleared the proposal for establishing repair facilities in collaboration with Russian firms for armament of submarines of the Navy, they said.
The submarines in the Indian fleet are of Russian-origin and the weapon systems fitted on them are also mainly from that country only.
The DAC also approved a proposal worth over Rs 850 crore for setting up Mobile Communication System for the Army formations deployed in Jammu and Kashmir.
The system would enable the Corps operating there to communicate with each other through a dedicated network, the sources said.
The communication system would be developed by public sector undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes